Does Your Automatic Opener Need To Be Fixed?
Like every other aspect of life, technology has also changed the way garage doors work. With manual doors, you will need to physically open and close them yourself; lifting those heavy overhead doors can be a real chore – even when you have the springs to make the task easier!
This is why automated doors are such a pleasure. All you need to do is click a button on your garage door remote and it will open or shut smoothly.
The problem is that like any other electronic device, the opener that controls your automatic garage door can develop problems. And this means that the door will not open or close properly – or maybe it won’t work anymore.
When to Call a Garage Door Repair Company
There are a few things you can do for yourself when your automatic garage door opener isn’t working properly.
- When neither the wall switch nor the remote-control work, then you can check the power outlets. Sometimes the only thing that’s wrong is the motor unit has become unplugged. Another reason could be because there is a fuse has burned out in your garage and needs to be replaced.
- It could be that you simply need to reprogram the opener. Usually, there will be instructions on how you can do it.
- The antenna could have moved. Ensure that your garage door opener’s antenna is hanging downward and then try the door again.
- The batteries in the remote may need changing.
- There is something called a close-limit switch in the door opener. If that is set wrong, it could prevent your garage door from closing properly. This switch is an inbuilt safety measure in automatic garage doors that prevents the doors from opening or closing when you are standing close to them. Adjusting this switch and fix the problem.
When Should You Call For Help?
You do not need to call anyone for garage door repair work if you are facing any one of these problems. However, if the automatic opener’s motor has burned out, or there is a problem with the wiring in the garage door, then these are the times when you need to call in a professional company such as Kald Gart Garage Doors. We have been carrying out garage door repair in Calgary for many years and have become a trusted name in the field.
Remember, the automatic opener controls the moving parts of your garage door. And there is electrical wiring to contend with. Any kind of repair work related to the moving parts or electricals of a garage door should only be handled by professionals like us.
We are trained and certified and have years of experience in handling such risky jobs. We know that overhead door repair work
How Can a Garage Door Repair Company Help You?
When you call Kald Gart Doors to carry out garage door automatic opener repair work for you, we get to the root of the problem. We carry out a thorough check of your garage door before we begin repairs.
With our years of experience, we know that there are many times that the most overt signs of a garage door opener working are just symptoms of a larger problem. It could be that the opener is not working because the rollers have become damaged, or the cables or springs have broken.
If the real issue is a broken spring, cable, roller, or even a misaligned track, then no matter what we do the garage door opener will not work. This is why a complete inspection is necessary.
We will also educate you on how to maintain your garage doors and what signs to look out for so that you can extend their life. And also, so that you know when to call us – before the garage door breaks down completely.
Our guarantee at Kald Gart Doors is that if you have called us for repair work on your garage door, you will not have to call us again for the same job. We ensure that we do a thorough job the first time around so that you can be worry free about how your garage doors are functioning.
So, if you need any kind of garage door repair work carried out, call us now.