Are you having problems with your garage door? Maybe it’s not opening properly, or the remote is not working? It could be your garage door opener. But before you call the garage door repair company in Calgary, here are a few things you can check for yourself:
- The door opener’s transmitter batteries or even the remote’s batteries are dead. It could be something as simple as dead batteries!
- Check to see if the door opener has a power supply. Once again, something as simple as the opener getting unplugged from the power socket could be the problem.
- The photo eye of the sensor may be misaligned. Photo eyes are tiny transmitters placed on either side of the garage door entrance and they shoot out infrared beams between each other. So, if the door is opening normally, but is not closing, then it could be because these transmitters are not aligned – they need to point exactly at each other.
- The photo eye’s lens could be dirty. You can use a soft cloth and a mild cleaner to remove the dirt from the lens. Take care not to scratch the lens because this could cause the transmitter to malfunction.
- You could be out of range of your garage doors. While there are some door openers that have apps while allow you to operate your doors from half a world away, most door openers have a limited transmission range. So, if you are trying to open your doors while you are out of range, then the opener will not work.
- Is your garage door randomly opening and closing even when you’re not using the remote or the wall switch? Before you think that your opener has gone haywire, check whether your neighbors are using the same transmitter frequency as yours. Door openers are like tiny radio transmitters that work on specific frequencies. So, it is possible that you and your neighbor could be on the same frequency! You can check your instruction manual to figure out how to change your opener’s frequency settings.
If you find that none of the issues we have listed are the problem, it could be something more serious. In that case it would be best to call in a professional company that can undertake garage door repair work for you.
Why Should You Call a Garage Door Repair Company?
Garage door openers control your garage door. This means that they have electrical wiring connecting the different components of your door’s mechanism. Garage doors are extremely heavy – each door weighs about 100 pounds on average. The moving parts that lift and lower this massive door employ immense force. And this entire assembly hangs above the overhead doors.
If you try to fix wiring that is running through the moving parts, you stand the risk of serious injury. If there is an underlying reason why the opener is not working (the springs are broken, the cable has snapped or the rollers have rolled off their tracks), that massive weight could come crashing down on you.
As trained and certified professionals, we have made it our business to carry out such repairs carefully and with precision. We know what measures need to be taken when replacing or repairing your garage door opener.
Carrying Out Thorough Overhead Door Repairs
Before we carry out repairs, we check the entire garage door. We are well aware of the fact that sometimes an opener not working could be just the symptom of a more serious problem. Therefore, before we start taking things apart, we check everything – for our own safety and yours.
It could be something as simple the motor giving out. But it could also be something more complex as loose wiring in the assembly that hangs above the overhead doors. Once we know exactly what the problem is, we will discuss the problem with you so that you know precisely what we will be doing – and how much it will cost.
We will also advise you if there are any replacements to be made and what your options are.
We take all these steps because our aim is to get the job done right the very first time. This way, you know that once we have finished the repair job, you will not face a similar problem for a long time to come.