If you have lost or damaged your garage door opener remote, don’t worry! You can easily replace it without having to call a technician. In this blog post, we will walk you through the process of replacing your garage door opener remote. We will provide you with a list of the materials that you will need and show you how to complete the replacement process step-by-step. Let’s get started!
Types of garage door openers
-Chain drive garage door opener
-Belt drive garage door opener
-Screw drive garage door opener
Garage door opener remote basics
– garage door opener remote
– garage door opener
What you will need to replace it
– Phillips head screwdriver
– Flathead screwdriver
– Ladder (optional)
How to replace your garage opener remote in five easy steps
- Locate the garage door opener unit. This is typically mounted on the ceiling of your garage, near the garage door.
- Use a Phillips head screwdriver to remove the cover of the garage door opener unit.
- Locate the battery compartment and open it using a flathead screwdriver.
- Remove the old one from the garage door opener unit and insert the new one.
- Close the battery compartment and replace the cover of the garage door opener unit.
Garage door opener remote replacement tips
– Always keep a spare opener remote in a safe place in case you lose or damage your primary remote.
– If your garage door opener unit does not have a battery compartment, you will need to call a garage door technician to replace this remote.
– Test your new remote before you close up your garage door opener unit. This will ensure that it is working properly.
How to program a new remote of garage door opener
If you have a garage door opener that uses rolling codes, you will need to program it, before it will work. This is a security feature that prevents your garage door from being opened by someone who has a generic garage door opener remote. If you don’t understand anything, then don’t hesitate to call a garage door expert.
To program, follow these steps:
- Locate the “Learn” button on your garage door opener unit. This is typically a red or purple button.
- Press and hold the “Learn” button until the garage door opener unit’s indicator light starts blinking.
- With the “Learn” button still pressed, press and hold the button on your remote.
- Release both buttons when the garage door opener unit’s indicator light starts blinking rapidly. This indicates that it has been successfully programmed.
- Test your new remote to make sure it is working properly.
Need Professional Services? Call KALD GART Doors Expert:
If you need help with replacing it or programming a new one, don’t hesitate to call KALD GART Doors. We are experts in all things garage doors and we would be happy to assist you. Give us a call today!
We hope that this blog post has been helpful in teaching you how to replace a garage opener remote. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them below. We would be happy to help! Thanks for reading!