Having a garage door cable snapped during a hectic day is troublesome.
This happens with regular use of the garage door and poor maintenance.
To avoid this from happening we must check our garage door parts regularly.
It is best to have it repaired and checked regularly by a garage door repair company like Kald Gart.
You can also rely on them for emergency garage door repairs and installations.
Replacing Snapped Garage Door Cable
Here’s how you can fix your garage door cable that has snapped.
- Prepare the garage door cable replacement and the tools needed for it. Cables are available in any hardware just make sure to get the correct length.
- Power off the door opener. And pull the release handle, so you could close and open the garage door manually. The garage door must be open while working to ease the tension on the spring. And make sure to secure the garage door using a C-clamp or vice grip.
- Now remove the cable’s end attached onto the bottom roller. Then, from the pulley up to the horizontal track where the other cables end is. Take note of how the garage door cable was placed. This is so you can easily install the new garage door cable.
- Place your new garage door cable onto the track, pulley, and bottom roller.
- And repeat the same step for the other cable.
Check if the garage door is working properly after replacing the garage door cable.
If something went wrong, now is the time to call for a garage door service.
Garage Door Repair in Okotoks
Ditch the do-it-yourself repair and call us now. We will have it done in no time.
Here at Kald Gart Doors, we assure you that we do our job seriously.
There is no garage door problem that our garage door specialists couldn’t do.
We’re looking forward to having business with you soon.